What is Jay-Z’s Net Worth?
Jay-Z Net Worth: $1.3 Billion
|Name||Shawn Corey Carter Professionally known as Jay-Z|
|Birth Date||04 December 1969|
|Country of Origin||New York, United States|
Jay-Z is an American rapper and businessman. He is one of the best-selling music artists in the world, with over 125 million records sold.
He holds the record for the most number-one albums by a solo artist on the BillBoard 200.
Jay-Z has won a record of 23 Grammy awards.
With great success in the music industry, he entered the business world and had significant success.
Shawn Corey Carter, professionally known as Jay-Z, was born in December 1969 in New York City.
He was called “Jazzy” during his early days in the neighborhood, which he later adopted as his stage name Jay-Z. He started his career through cameo appearances on the stage.
In 1995, he released his first official rap single, In My Lifetime. Then he created his independent label, Roc-A-Fella Records.
Jay-Z’s, first album, Reasonable Doubt, had great success and received positive reviews.
He went on to work with various singers and producers. His famous works include Hard knock Life, Crazy in Love, 99 problems, Umbrella, and many more.
Jay-Z is best known for flow in his songs. In the book How to Rap, Starr describes Jay-Z, “is a master of flow, he can flow fast, he can flow slow”.
He established himself as a successful businessman in various industries like record labels, clothing, beverages, real estate, and sports teams.
The net worth of Jay-Z is estimated to be around $1.3 Billion as of 2022.
Jay – Z married Beyoncé in 2008. They were listed as the most powerful couple in Time magazine in 2006. In 2009, they were ranked top in Forbes’s list of top-earning couples with a combined total of $ 162 million.
Their first child, Blue Ivy, was a girl born in 2012. Jay-Z dedicated a special song for her, “Glory”. In 2017, they welcomed their twins, daughter Rumi and son Sir.
Jay-Z List of Awards and Achievements
Let us look at some of the awards and achievements by Jay-Z
- American Music Awards – Nominated 10 times and Won 3 times
- ASCAP Pop Music Awards – Won 7 times
- ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards – Won 32 times
- BET Awards – Nominated 32 times and Won 7 times
- BET Hip Hop Awards – Nominated 65 times and Won 24 times
- Billboard Music Awards – Nominated 26 times and Won 6 times
- Grammy Awards – Nominated 83 times and Won 23 times
- MTV Video Music Awards – Nominated 37 times and Won 14 times
- UK Music Video Awards – Nominated 13 times and Won 2 times
- Served as President of Def Jam Recordings
- Founded ”Made In America” festival in 2012 to bring together Music and Culture
- Acquired luxury spirits brand Armand De Brignac in 2014
- Opened 40/40 Club in New York City in 2003
- First Hip-Hop rapper to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall Of Fame in 2017
- One of 100 Greatest Artists of All Time by Billboard and Rolling Stone
Jaz-Z List of Records
Let us look at some of the records held by David Copperfield
- Most No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200 chart for a solo artist in 2013
- Most Billboard Top 10 hits for a rapper in 2011
- Most iTunes downloads in the first week of release in 2011
- Most first-week radio spins for a song on the Billboard 100 chart in 2013
- Most live concerts performed in 24 hours in different locations in 2006
- Guinness Book of World Records for highest-earning power couple with earnings of $122 Million in 2010
Jay-Z Collections and Properties
Let us look at some of the collections of Jay-Z
- Corvette C1 1957
- Lexus GS300
- Alfa Romeo Spider
- Pagani Zonda F
- Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport
- Maybach Exelero
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet
- Rolls-Royce Phantom VIII
- Ferrari F430 Spider
- Bentley Continental GT
- Maybach 62S
- Dartz Prombron
Some of his Properties
- Opulent homes in Los Angeles
- the Hamptons in New York
- Mega-Mansion in Bel Air in Lost Angeles
He is also the owner of the most expensive Hublot watch in the world
Jay-Z Earnings Year Wise
- 2020 – $54 Million
- 2019 – $80 Million
- 2018 – $77 Million
- 2017- $42 Million
- 2016 – $54 Million
- 2015 – $56 Million
- 2014 – $60 Million
- 2013 – $43 Million
- 2012 – $38 Million
- 2011 – $37 Million
- 2010 – $63 Million
- 2009 – $35 Million
- 2008 – $82 Million
- 2007- $34 Million
Top 5 Jay-Z Quotes
1.“I’m hungry for knowledge. The whole thing is to learn every day, to get brighter and brighter. That’s what this world is about.” – Jay-Z
2.“Excellence is being able to perform at a high level over and over again. You can hit a half-court shot once. That’s just the luck of the draw. If you consistently do it… that’s excellence.” – Jay-Z
3.“Belief in oneself and knowing who you are, I mean, that’s the foundation for everything great.” – Jay-Z
4.“I love what I do, and when you love what you do, you want to be the best at it.” – Jay-Z
5.“Successful people have a bigger fear of failure than people who’ve never done anything because if you haven’t been successful, then you don’t know how it feels to lose it all.” – Jay-Z
Shawn Corey Carter aka Jay-Z is one of the most successful and highly influential hip-hop artists in the world. He started young in the music industry with cameo appearances and collaborated with many music artists to create the greatest hits of all time.
He also had great success as an entrepreneur with footprints in various industries ranging from record labels to clothing lines.
Jay-Z has a great collection of cars and properties to add to his wealth.
Jay-Z’s net worth is estimated to be around $1.3 Billion as of 2022.
Featured Image Source: Joella Marano at Flickr via Wikimedia Commons
We always make sure that all the pieces of information provided here are true and accurate. But if you find any flaws in the information provided please let us know through the “Contact us” page.