What is David Copperfield’s Net Worth?
David Copperfield Net Worth: $1 Billion
|Name||David Seth Kotkin|
|Birth Date||16 September 1956|
|Country of Origin||Metuchen, New Jersey, United States|
David Copperfield is one of the most successful magicians from the United States of America.
He has won 21 Emmy awards and has set 11 Guinness World Records.
Copperfield was inducted into stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the Live performance Category on 7021 Hollywood Boulevard.
Library of Congress honored him as Living Legend for his creative contributions to American life.
David Seth Kotkin was born on 16th September 1956 in Metuchen, New Jersey. He’s the son of Jewish parents, Rebecca Kotkin and Asman Kotkin.
He graduated frons Metuchen High School. He practiced magic and ventriloquism when he attended Camp Harmony at the age of 10.
At 12, he becomes the youngest person to be admitted to the society of American Magicians. At age 16, he was teaching a course in magic at New York University.
He started his career with the lead role in the musical The magic man in Chicago. It went on to become the longest-running musical in the history of Chicago.
He adopted his stage name David Copperfield from Charles Dickens’s novel.
Copperfield started his television career in 1977 for the show The magic of ABC. He played the character of a magician in the Terro Trans horror film in 1980.
Some of his famous illusions were, the vanishing and reappearance of the statue of Liberty in 1983, escaping from Alcatraz prison in 1987, and more.
He went on to perform many illusions in several shows.
Copperfield owns the International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts. The museum has a collection of Magic memorabilia, books, and artifacts.
In 2006, he bought eleven Bahamian islands and was renamed “The Islands of Copperfield Bay!”.
The net worth of David Copperfield is estimated to be around $1 Billion as of 2022.
David Copperfield List of Awards and Achievements
Let’s look at some of the awards and achievements by David Copperfield
- Magician of the Century and King of Magic by Society of American Magicians
- Nominated 38 times and Won 21 Emmy Awards
- Living Legend Award from Library of Congress
- First living magician to receive a star on the Hollywood walk of fame
- Chevalier of Arts and Letters, the first one ever awarded to a magician
- Named Magician of the Year in 1979 and 1986 by Academy of Magical arts
- Inducted into New York City’s Ride of Fame
David Copperfield’s List of Guinness World Records
Let’s look at some of the records held by David Copperfield
- Most number of magic shows performed in a year
- Highest career earnings as a magician
- The largest international television audience for a magician
- Highest annual earnings for a magician in a year
- Most numbers of tickets sold worldwide by a solo entertainer
- Largest Broadway attendance in a week
- Most expensive poster depicting magic sold at auction
- Largest illusion ever staged
- Largest magic work archive
David Copperfield’s Collections and Properties
- International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts has collections of magic memorabilia, books, and artifacts.
- Mulholland Library of Conjuring and the Allied Arts, which has the world’s largest collection of Houdini memorabilia.
- The Islands of Copperfield Bay, in Musha Cay, Bahamas
- Las Vegas Home
David Copperfield Earnings Year Wise
- 2019 – $60 Million
- 2017 – $61.5 Million
- 2016 – $64 Million
- 2015 – $63 Million
- 2009 – $30 Million
- 2005 – $57 Million
- 2004 – $57 Million
- 2003 – $55 Million
- 2001 – $60 Million
Top 5 David Copperfield Quotes
1. “For me to grow, I have to know about the foundation that came before.” – David Copperfield
2. “Dreams are illusions, and we can’t let go of them because we would be dead.” – David Copperfield
3. “In magic, it takes two or three years for me to create a 5-minute illusion for me to get it to the level I want.” – David Copperfield
4. “You can feel better about yourself in a very short period of time depending on the kind of magic that you are doing.” – David Copperfield
5. “There is a safe spot within every tornado. My job is to find it.” – David Copperfield
David Copperfield is one of the commercially successful magicians. He has been doing magic from the age of 10. He holds various records and has a list of achievements.
Copperfield had success on various platforms from stage performance, television, and movies. He was a regular feature in Forbes’s list of highest-earning celebrities.
He owns the famous 11 islands in the Bahamas, called the Island of Copperfield Bay.
David Copperfield’s net worth is estimated to be around $1 Billion as of 2022.
We always make sure that all the pieces of information provided here are true and accurate. But if you find any flaws in the information provided please let us know through the “Contact us” page.